Friday, August 6, 2010

Stealing Thoughts...

So, I love to read other people's blog.  I'm not sure of how I even find 1/2 of them, but they are so fun to read, so full of insight and so relateable.  I read one today and this new mother wrote something that I just loved....I have edited to fit my situation, but I had to share....

I’m the mom.


When they are tired and crabby at night, The Husband hands them over to me because I’m the one who can soothe then. I’m the one around whose neck they drape their tiny little arms. I’m the one who rocks them and whose voice calms them. I’m the one who wakes up in the middle of the night when they are restless for no reason and puts my face right up next to theirs so that they can relax.

I am truly a mom. I know these girls inside and out. I am Victoria and Marlee's mom. And it struck me yesterday that, despite all my shortcomings and shortcuts, I’m a damn good mom to them. And that is perhaps my greatest accomplishment so far.

2 comments:

Annie Miebs said...

it truly is a great feeling knowing that you really provide for these tiny humans, in a plethora of ways. they cannot appreciate it now, and likely won't appreciate it until they have their own children! that's how long it took me to realize that when my mom said, "no, i love YOU more" that she actually did.

very sweet sentiments, glad you shared.

Amanda said...

This is so true!! I love it just the same and can so relate!