Our beautiful Miss Marlee was a cute little ladybug. She didn’t mind her costume one bit, and put up no fight J
Monday, November 1, 2010
A Monster Princess and a Ladybug
For months after seeing Toy Story 3, Victoria kept saying that she wanted to be a Cowgirl for Halloween. She wanted cowboy boots, a hat and she kept telling us that cowgirls say “yee-haw”. I thought I would get ahead of the game and got her an adorable plaid shirt, boots and a fun cowboy hat. Then she changed her mind to a princess, then more specifically a princess in a castle. This summer I had bought a cute little Barbie princess dress at a garage sale, so I thought ok if that’s what she wants to be, no biggie, I got it covered. Then she started mentioning “monsters”. It’s her new obsession. Her game is to say “I’m scared Mommy”, I then respond with “Don’t worry, Mommy will protect you”. When I ask her what she’s scare of, she says “the monsters, they’re scary!!!” Then she cuddles in and I “protect” her. J When I kept asking her what she was going to be from Halloween, she settled on a “monster” and there was no changing her mind. So, the Friday before Halloween, 45 min before we were leaving for daycare, she decided that no other costume would do and that she had to be a MONSTER for her daycare Halloween party. I had no idea what I was going to do for her costume. I had nothing monsterous for my little girl; we only have pink and flowery things. Finally, I remembered pictures from a friend’s son’s monster birthday party… I decided that I could make her a monster crown. I found a pink bag, cut it up, added 3 eye balls and wolla we had a monster crown. Added some cute leggings and a big pink tutu and she was a monster princess! I thought it would pretty dang cute after I put it all together. Of course, she insisted on also wearing her leotard and two more tutu’s and she ended up looking like a silly two year old that dressed herself, but she was happy and so was I….we could now leave for daycare…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
she's a riot!!! i suppose you could have just told her she WAS a monster. :) because did the monster hat really make her feel anything more mosterlike?! i find myself "lying" to jack almost daily about little things like this! such a funny age. they both look adorable. love your little lady bug and all the girly things about v.
Post a Comment