Sunday, February 13, 2011

On the Mend

Our littlest angel has been so sick this week.  It started out last weekend when we were in Sioux Falls.  I was convinced that she was getting her 1-year molars the way she was shoving her finger in her mouth. But then she started getting more congested, fussy and was coughing.  In the middle of the night on Wednesday the poor girl woke up with a 104.5 temperature. I immediately threw on my jacket, bundled her up and brought her to the Emergency Room/Urgent Care.  They diagnosed her with pneumonia and an ear infection. They gave her a shot of antibiotics that night and we picked up amoxicillin then next morning. Friday, I brought her to our pediatrician to make sure they concurred with her diagnosis and ensure we were on the road to healthy.  The pediatrician determined that she probably started with CSV and Bronchitis and now was dealing with pneumonia and the ear infection on top of it all.  She sent us home with a prescription for a stronger antibiotic and we are now hopefully on the mend.  Our sweet Marlee has been such a trooper. I feel so bad for not figuring out something more serious was wrong with her earlier. But she’s such a great little gal that I had no clue. As long as I keep her dosed up with Tylenol and Motrin she is smiling, happy and her old cheerful self.  I hope she feels better soon. I hate to see my babies so sick.  Here’s the smiley girl despite being so sick.


No comments: