We decided that Victoria needed to be potty trained a couple of weekends ago. Seriously, she’s WAY too smart to NOT be potty trained….
So, that Saturday morning we woke up and put on her big girl underwear. I set the timer and had her sit on the potty every 10 min. She got a “treat” and sticker every time she tried to go potty. After two accidents, I think she finally got the idea. She went in the potty twice and got $1 from Grandpa and more “treats” and stickers. The rest of the day she did ok with it…
Sunday morning, she refused to put on big girl underwear and refused to sit on the potty. I think she was quite sick of us asking her if she had to go every 2 min and making her sit on the potty. So, she had another accident. This time, she didn’t tell us or let us know. So we found her in a mess on our living room floor. Alright, fine…we got her cleaned up. We put her down for a nap in a pull up. An hour late (she usually naps longer), I hear “Mommy….Mommy”. I walk into her room to find her covered in POO on her changing table. I then do a quick scan of the room to find poo all over the wall, the changing table, her, her crib, that wall, her sheets, her toys…. I stripped her down, Ted gave her a bath and then I went to work with bleach. Trust me, almost 3 year old poo is like nasty adult poo! Not like that newborn non smelly stuff! Diapers went back on and we will try potty training another weekend, I had enough!
Then her and I went to Home Depot to pick out some paint samples (we painted our kitchen last week). When we got home she disappeared into her room with our bag of samples. Each of the tiny paint samples had child proof plastic wrap around them, so I wasn’t too worried. But as you will all learn, if you haven’t already, silence with kids = BAD NEWS. So, I went and checked on her in her room and found her putting new pants on. Then I found spilt paint all over her carpet. I looked to the right and found hand prints of paint on her dresser. She had somehow managed to open one of the paints, with the seal still on and spill it all over herself and the floor. Then tried to put her paint soaked clothes in her dresser and put on new ones. After some more bleach and scrubbing, I salvaged what I could of her room and tossed the clothes.
Victoria’s response to both incidents “It’s ok Mommy, it’s ok!”.
No comments:
Post a Comment