Thursday, July 28, 2011

Warrior Dash

This last weekend I roped Ted, my brother Nate and his girl friend Jennifer to do the Warrior Dash with me.  Never heard of the Warrior Dash?  The Warrior Dash, and I quote, "is a mud-crawling, fire-leaping, extreme run from h*ll".  It's basically this 3 mile run with 11 obstacles to complete on the way. 

Including:
Treacherous Typhoon: Fight you way through water and gale force winds
Road Rage: Stampede through the scrap yard of rusted wreckage
Cliffhanger: Rappel down the steep ravine
Barricade Breakdown: Hurdle over the barricades and crawl under barbed wire
Chaotic Crossover: Crawl across the tangled nets
Blackout: Dive into darkness and escape the trenches
Cargo Climb: Maneuver over the cargo nets
Great Warrior Wall: Conquer the wooden baricade.
Teetering Traverse: Level your nerves as you teeter through a soring track.
Petrifying Plunge: Slosh down this slippery slope.
Warrior Roast: Leap over the Warrior Fires
Muddy Mayheim: Scramble beneath barbed wires as you near the finish

I am sure that my 3 guests were cursing my name along the way, but I really did have a lot of fun. It was great to spend time with my brother and his girlfriend and do something out of the ordinary. 

It was at Afton Alps, so imagine running straight up ski hills again and again.  The obstacles were fun and not too challenging, but my legs are still sore from the rest.

Here are some pictures of our muddy excursion:

No comments: