Today, was Victoria's 1st Day of preschool.
Ted and I finally accepted the fact that our little girl has grown up and has been more then ready for preschool for quite some time now.
I guess I was being selfish keeping her back at our in-home daycare to watch over her little sister.
But it was time...
Time for her have some independence.
Time for her be challenged more.
Time for her to take that next step in life...
Our day started with Victoria and I dropping Marlee off at our in-home daycare.
Marlee sent her sister off with a big hug and a kiss and marched into daycare without a care in the world.
I thought it would be harder on Marlee to be there by herself, but she could care less.
Her biggest concern was getting some breakfast in her little buddah belly.
Then Victoria and I headed to preschool.
She was very excited to be going to school.
When we got there she happiy walked into the classroom and took off her jacket and hung it up.
(She also tried to take off her shoes, but I told her she could keep them on :) LOL)
Then a teacher took her to join the rest of the class in the gym down the hall.
She gave me a hug and a kiss and marched off proudly.
I was there for about 30 min filling out some last minute paperwork when I heard a familiar cry.
I snuck over to the classroom window to find my sweet girl bawling for her Momma.
"I want my Momma"
"I just want to talk to my Momma"
The teacher was doing all that she could to comfort her, but I knew she wasn't going to settle down.
I told one of the staff outside of the room what was going on and told her I was still here if they needed me and wanted to bring her out.
Victoria RUSHED out to see me and squeezed me tight.
Poor girlie was so overwhelmed with everything and just kept telling me that she wanted to go home.
She wouldn't let me go with any amount of coaxing.
After about 10 minutes, I convinced her to go back in the classroom with me.
We sat down and played with the kitchen, the doll house and some other toys.
The kids surrounded us and wanted to play.
Victoria only wanted to play with me.
Slowly, she started to open up but wouldn't move far from my lap and wouldn't let go of my hand.
Eventually, one of the teachers sat down and started playing with us well.
She still wouldn't move far from my lap and wouldn't let go of my hand.
But after a few minutes I had to force myself to leave and the teacher scooped up my crying girl with pleading eyes.
I finished up the paperwork and the teacher came out of the classroom.
She said Victoria was just fine and playing now.
I called about 1.5 later and the teachers said she was doing fantastic.
We started out rough but it sounds like she was having a great day after all.
I can't wait to hear all about her day when she gets home!!!
PS. I tried not to be the crazy Mom....do you know how hard it was to only take the 2 pictures!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment