I have been wanting to get a piano for forever! Seriously, since I was like 5 I have wanted to take piano lessons. I have the perfect long fingers for it. Unfortunately, that was never in the cards for me.
With high hopes that the girls got their father's musical talent - I have been keeping my eyes and ears open on a new piano. My wating and limited budget finally panned out. The other week on my neighborhood's facebook page a lady posted that she had a free, I repeat - FREE piano for anyone that could come get it that day. Apparently, it's been in her family for a long time but since no one played it and they were moving (and her husband refused to move the beast of thing for a 3rd time) they were looking to get rid of it. I was so excited!!! A few phone calls later the piano was ours and a UHaul was reserved to pick it up. I am so thankful that our neighbors were willing to help Ted move the beast into our basement.
So, while I saved the piano from being destroyed (that's what the lady's hubby wanted to do) - I hope it can handle my girls banging on it with joy :)

1 comment:
Gotta love free!
Post a Comment