Friday, June 1, 2012

Sharing a Room = Sharing a Friendship

Long ago we decided that one day our girls would share a room. Not out of necessity of space but as a necessity for growing their friendship.  Don't get me wrong, they get along great and have a blast together, it warms my heart to watch them play.  But we just wanted to enhance the friendship that will hopefully carry them through their lifetime.




We re-did Victoria's room not too long ago and when we did, we put in two single beds. The room is set up perfectly for two little girls.


Last night, Marlee spent her first night in a "big girl bed". We layed them both down, read some books and took turns tucking them in. Victoria was giddy with excitement that her little sister was going to be sleeping in her room :) We said good night and shut the door.

I kept hearing talking and giggling and it put a smile on my face - it was exactly what I was hoping for :)

Marlee did great and stayed in her new bed all night long.

Her big sister however came out 2 or 3 times with her usual excuses...

"I need to go potty"
"I need some water"
"I need some ice in my water"
"My bed sheets are messed up"
"I just want a little more cuddle time"
"I heard a bear in my room"

Seriously, this girl knows how to delay sleep better then any one!!!

We'll see how night 2 goes...




2 comments:

Annie Miebs said...

oh my gosh - the room is SOOO cute! i have always loved the look of two twin beds in a single space. love all the colors, too. and the thought of your girlies sharing a room, really makes me smile.

Unknown said...

Same plan at our house! Cute cute room!