My Grandpa passed away a little over a year ago, on February 1st, 2012. His passing came as a huge surprise and it has been hard to comprehend. He spent winters in Phoenix, and would normally be coming home during this time of year to spend his summer back in Minnesota. I miss having him here and meeting him for lunch and having him over for dinner.
Last night, with the help from my Grandma, I started phase 1 of making his shirts into a quilt. This included taking the shirts I had gathered from his closet and cutting at the seams to makes scraps of fabric. The hardest part of it all was finding shirts still lingering with his smell, wrinkles from the last time he wore it and
cuffed sleeves as he always wore them.
We miss you everyday Grandpa. You were taken way too soon!

1 comment:
Oh my darling. What a beautiful lasting memory of your Granpa Ove. Yopu r a very caring perso and I love u very much. Mom
Post a Comment