Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Jack-O-Lantern 5k

The weekend before Halloween, Julia and I ran our 2nd 5k. I am so proud of us for continuing with our goal of running in more organized runs. I think our next one will be a Turkey Trot :)



I felt horrible during this race and not strong at all. I've quickly realized, as a new runner, that you have good days and bad days. Julia was having a great day and during the last mile, I told her to not wait for me. Her goal was to beat 30 min., and I didn't want to be the one to hold her back. 

Turns out, that while I didn't feel like I had a strong run, I didn't do too bad time wise. I at least beat my last r
5k :)


Congratulations on your finish in the Jack-O-Lantern 5K Run! Your official time was 29:03, a pace of 9:21 per mile.  You finished 35th out of 114 women and 15th out of the 43 Women 30 - 39. 
 
I hope I feel stronger during the Turkey Trot!

No comments: