So, I had been anxious to get Victoria to a beach to splash in the water, play in the sand and build sandcastles. So, one night in July, after work, we decided to have a picnic on the beach at Lake Waconia. Sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? Well, it was somewhat of a train wreck, but in the end I just had to laugh :) 1. We didn’t have cash with and you had to pay to park. There was only an hour left until that park closed, so Ted dropped us off and then headed to the nearest gas station to get some cash. 2. I forgot our picnic dinner in the fridge, so, you guessed it, Ted picked up gourmet gas station food to compose a “dinner”. 3. Victoria threw a 2 year old tantrum and refused to do anything. I had to force her swimsuit on and she would only put on half of it. She was fine after she dipped her toes in the water (she LOVES the water) and her Daddy brought her some healthy Cheetos from the gas station, but the initial 30 minutes were NOT fun 4. Lake Waconia’s beach and grass field are COVERED in goose turds. It made it very hard to let the girls play anywhere let alone sit anywhere. 5. Last but not least, sand gets in EVERY crevice of babies bodies and it is VERY hard to get them clean after rolling in the sand….As well, it’s hard to have a picnic on the beach without getting sand all over your food.
All in all, it was still fun and the girls loved it. But, I don’t think I will be rushing to do it again anytime soon :)
1 comment:
probably the funniest thing about your whole experience is that the pictures DO NOT tell the story that you did!!! your story sounds a lot like how our entire vacation in san diego went. not fun! but all of our pictures capture a totally different story. i'm glad that you (like me) can look back and laugh.
Post a Comment