2011 Christmas Letter:
-W-
So the season is upon us once again which leaves us this opportunity to share with you what 2011 did provide and where the Wirtz’s currently are. My hope is that in the years to come one of my girls will pick up the pencil and create a wonderfully refreshing note and paints the “Van Wirtz” holiday letter in number… Fun!
I will admit as I write I am listening to a wide variety of artists, so please do appreciate our letter to you with rhythm and a glass of water, cup of tea, red wine or whatever your potion is. I thought I’d do something different and fun and periodically note a group or singer that I was listening to while writing. Again, help paint the picture. –Grass Roots—
The Wirtz’s continue to get wittier! Victoria is smart, beautiful and extremely funny! No I’m not looking forward to her teens!—The Statler Brothers-- She is a story teller! Story time begins early and lasts all day through… Her attention to detail and memory are relentless—Jason Aldean. Victoria has the keen ability to pull you in, keep you intrigued and then leave you in laughter. And she is 3.5 years old! Now here is where we get thrown a hammer… Marlee is just as good!
Marlee has a loaded deck of trump! She’ll hit you with beauty, laughter and hugs. She loves her big sister and follows her around continuously. I tell Erica, “Marlee will be the one that drives her Daddy over the edge because she is just like him…” She has curls and big brown eyes. Again, not looking forward to her teen years! But in all seriousness there is nothing like a child’s laughter and we are blessed with an abundance of it. –Miranda Lambert--
I have the luxury of picking both girls up at the end of my day. It is truly where my day begins and where I want to be. We sing together on the way home with Victoria typically requesting a song from daddy entitled “1941”… Life is good. We pull into the neighborhood as we pass the Park leading up to our driveway. Garage door opens and both scream in pure excitement as if on a roller coaster “Mommy is home!” Now for those of you that don’t know, Erica works from home, so this is like” Groundhogs Day” for me. Erica greets us and our evening takes form.—Springsteen—
I have the honor of being around the best and most beautiful 3 girls one could wish for. As for Erica and myself, we celebrated our 5 Year Anniversary in September. We went back to where it all began and spent the day in Mankato. There we walked through and around the University during the day. We met up with a couple of our great friends briefly that evening before having a late and wonderful dinner. We were quite amazed by how much the city has changed in the short time we’ve been away. It was indeed a wonderful day.
Professionally speaking Erica and I are both with the same companies and are incredibly grateful. She being with Wells Fargo and myself with Thomson Reuters.--Doobie Brothers/Three Dog Night--
When it comes to Erica this part of the letter comes easily. She is a wonderful Mother, Friend, Daughter and Wife. She makes me want to be a better Husband, Father, Friend and Son. For those that know her, and for those that may not really know her, she does not differ or sway. She is incredibly consistent and kind. Erica makes you feel comfortable, included, loved and special. She doesn’t forget you no matter what the circumstance; a quality unfortunately quite rare. –Marshall Tucker Band--
I wish to all our Family and Friends a wonderful and safe close to 2011 and a greater beginning to 2012. It’s about time we paint the picture, write the song or do whatever you feel the opportunity fit. We look forward to seeing you all soon. Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy Holidays in general. Be smart, safe and enjoy life! --The Guess Who
Love,
Ted, Erica, Victoria and Marlee
3 comments:
Very well done, Ted! Merry Christmas to the Wirtz's and a happy new year!
loved the letter this year. always makes me a little teary-eyed when ted describes you!!! so sweet! xo
I love that Ted writes the letter, he's so much better at it then me :)
Post a Comment